When visiting a site, this is stored in the browser’s history. To protect your privacy it is possible to delete the history.
Depending on the browser, this is how you do it:
- In Internet Explorer, select the Favorites button.
- Click the History tab. Then you can delete specific websites by using the right mouse button and then choose Delete.
- Click on the Menu button.
- Click on History.
- Click on the 3 dots or crosses next to the web page you want to delete.
- Click Delete.
- Click on the box with 3 lines at the top right.
- Click on Options and select ‘Delete individual cookies’.
- Click on ‘Delete all cookies’.
- Click on the block with 3 dots/lines, at the top right.
- Click on History > Check which websites you want to delete.
- In any case, make sure you check ‘Cookies and other site plug-in data’ when removing.
Almost all modern browsers have a private mode. Data such as cookies and history are then not remembered. Below you will find information about how to set this up for each browser.
- In Chrome via: Settings > New Incognito Window.
- In Internet Explorer via: Settings > Security > InPrivate Browsing.
- In Mozilla Firefox via: Settings > New Private Window.
- In Safari via: File > New Private Window.